Hey there, I’m Ana. My family calls me Anita. I am a passionate blogger who turned a love for writing into a profitable work-from-home venture. As the founder of THE WORK AT HOME BLOGGER, I’m on a mission to empower aspiring bloggers like you to thrive in the digital world.
If you are a beginner and interested in learning how to make money blogging in 2024, you came to the right place. Even in 2024, you can still make money from blogging.
You can earn $ 3,000 monthly blogging in three easy steps: research, strategy, and action.
Are you considering starting a blog to make money online, or do you already have one but don’t know how to monetize it?
Well, I have great news for you, and before you think about buying the domain, you need to do a few things (three things, to be exact) before you swipe your credit card.
These things are research, strategy, and action. I will explain these in more detail.
First, you must treat your blog as a business, not a journal.
I have been an affiliate marketer since 2020, and I use my blogging platform to create content to promote physical products, software, and services to aspiring entrepreneurs.
If you don’t want to treat blogging like a business and only as a journal, stop reading this and keep doing your thing. And yes, I know that blogging for beginners is no easy feat, especially if you want to try blogging as a business.
However, if you’re serious about this, then go ahead and continue reading. Many thanks! (I truly appreciate it.)
Table of Contents
How can you monetize your blog as a beginner?
You can monetize your blog through affiliate marketing, ads, selling products online, sponsored blog posts, and much more. You can learn how to make money blogging in a few short months with affiliate marketing and SEO by knowing how to implement an SEO content strategy for your blog content.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. In addition, I may also earn a small commission.
Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
Learn SEO for affiliate marketing
If you don’t have a blog yet, no worries. Just follow the steps below:
- Learn SEO by using this course.
- You can easily create your website with this drag-and-drop builder for one low fixed price. It has everything you need (editor, hosting, and theme all in one place) so that you can start today. You can even transfer your custom domain. For a domain, I highly suggest getting one for cheap from Google Domains. Some web hosting plans offer free domains with a paid plan. Your website domain name must not be too narrow. You can try using your name, but if you want to sell it in the future, try using a domain name for a broad topic such as traveling, lifestyle, business, etc. Search blog topics relatable to your niche to see what’s trending.
- Legalize your blog or website by having legal templates.
- Get a social media management app to help you promote and manage your social media accounts. This fantastic app is affordable and easy to use! Learning digital marketing, email marketing, or content marketing will be essential for your blog’s success. It can be overwhelming at first, but a little bit of hard work is the best way to grow your affiliate site. Social media platforms such as Pinterest are great for obtaining organic traffic to your blog.
- Start building an email list as soon as you start getting traffic. Mailchimp is an excellent, affordable platform to use when starting.
- Investing in keyword research tools is necessary for your content marketing strategy if you want to make money with an affiliate website. Knowing which keywords rank on search engines and planning your content with those keywords is key.
- Connect your website or blog to the Google Search Console or Bing Search Console. Create an account with Google Analytics to monitor traffic. You can do this through your WordPress Dashboard.
- Plugins such as Yoast are great to help you add your meta descriptions for each blog post. Any SEO efforts implemented take practice and patience. The Yoast plugin will guide you every step of the way. For example, for internal linking or adding internal links, Yoast will show you how. Your first blog post would probably not be so great, so I recommend this course. You will learn how to write a blog post to help you rank on the first page of the search results.
- During your blogging journey, you will need to know how to do link building to help your blog rank.
If you have a blog and want to make money from it, you will need to follow the steps listed below.
You must first start by knowing which niche market is profitable right now, and it must also not have too much competition.
Keep reading to learn how you can do this.
As I mentioned, blogging for beginners is not easy when starting a business. I was a beginner, too, and it has a steep learning curve. You will learn through trial and error. But remember, this is a journey meant to teach you so you can grow in your business.
SEO Affiliate Traffic
Step 1: Research
The first step when starting a blog:
Find a niche market and your target audience that are profitable and for which there is a demand. Again, it must not have too much competition.
This is the key to starting to earn money from your blog.
Write blog posts using the right keywords related to your niche topic. Continue reading below for more information on this. Knowing your target keywords for a specific topic using an SEO tool is key to obtaining website traffic through organic search. You must track your Google Analytics account to see where your traffic comes from.
Search traffic+ profitable blog= passive income
You can track your affiliate revenue, ad revenue, and how much money you make on your blog.
Guest posting is another great way to obtain blog traffic for your own blog. A quick Google search of guest posting opportunities can help you find where to post.
*Side note: You can use tools for researching keywords, such as Ahrefs or SEMRush.
Profitable Niche Criteria for your Blog:
- Must be in high demand. It’s highly recommendable to do research to see if the niche you choose is highly profitable. Use tools such as SEMRush or Ahrefs to find out if the niche is in high demand. Google trends can also be a helpful tool.
- The niche market can be about hobbies, interests, problems
- Evergreen content
- People willing to spend money
Finding the right niche ultimately determines the future success (or failure) of your writing career.
Step 2: Content Writing for Blog Monetization
- Write at least 100 articles in a short months period.
By writing two blog posts per week you can also hire a freelance writer that can do it for you.
- Blog posts must be of high quality not only for your readers but also for search engines such as Google.
- SEO search for each blog post: There must be a search demand for the topic you write about. (Use keyword search tools such as SEMRush or Ahrefs). I know I repeat this a lot but as mentioned before THIS IS KEY.
- Your blog posts must be affiliate-centric. This means your posts must have keywords tied up with the affiliate products you want to promote.
If you’re not signed up for an affiliate program you can do a Google search for free affiliate programs.
Step 3: Promotion Strategy
You’ll need to know “how, what, why, where, and to whom” your blog posts will be promoted.
Have a social media calendar to help you plan a strategy for promoting your blog posts.
- There are two ways to promote your blog posts: backlinks (HARO) and guest posts. HARO stands for Help a Reporter Out. This is a well-known best practice for obtaining backlinks for your WordPress site.
You can find more about it here.
- Use social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
Side note: CrowdFire app is a great tool and an affordable social media management app to help you manage all your social media accounts.
And you can also sync your blog with this app. You can use it for free or upgrade for a low monthly plan starting at $7.48!
You can implement these simple steps from one of the best SEO courses. This is perfect for those who are new to blogging. This is perfect for those who consider themselves “blogging for beginners.”
Mike Pearson is the course creator, and he is an SEO expert when it comes to affiliate marketing and blogging.
He has created successful blogs and has made six-figure income from his blogs while working full time. He has also sold a few of those blogs.
You can also follow his YouTube channel and see for yourself to learn more about his SEO course.
He has successfully mentored and taught thousands of bloggers how to use SEO to help them monetize their blogs with affiliate marketing.
He will teach you not to rely solely on traffic from other sources, such as Pinterest or ads like AdSense.
He will teach you in all 65 videos step-by-step, which is easy to follow.
What is Stupid Simple SEO: Self-Study?
It’s a slightly trimmed-down version of the VIP course or a full version.
This self-study program doesn’t include any bonuses or access to the Facebook group. The affordable cost of the self-study course is for those that have a blog but are tight on finances or have time constraints.
And are willing to take their blog to the next level.
This program will help you master the essentials of SEO you’ll need to learn in order for you to take your blog or website to the next level quickly and comprehensively as possible.
This program has 65 video lessons and is hyper-focused on exactly what you need to turbocharge your SEO strategy right away.
What’s Included: The self-study version includes the 4 core modules from the full Stupid Simple SEO course, totaling 65+ videos on keyword research, writing SEO content, on-page SEO, and building backlinks.
What’s NOT Included: The self-study version does not include the bonuses from the original course (affiliate marketing, display ads, sponsored posts, etc.), nor does it include access to the Facebook group.
Sign up for the SEO course so you can learn his techniques today.
Don’t Miss This Amazing Opportunity
It’s something you don’t want to miss out on! Give yourself a great present that can change your future for the better. Your future self will thank you.
So start monetizing your blog by starting the right way and learning SEO.
You will be able to monetize your blog in a few short months as soon as you start implementing everything that Mike teaches in the course.
You will see results in 6 months (or less). It all depends on YOU.
This is not an overnight rich scheme at all. This is a real and consistent way to make money online through blogging.
Don’t wait because you don’t want to miss out. Sign up and see the green coming your way.
Take care and don’t forget to share because sharing is caring.